JOB DESCRIPTION Senior Manager for Automatic Test Equipment Applications (ATE)
Salary Expectations are 100K up to 150K for the right applicant.
· Education – Engineering degree
o Minimum of bachelor’s degree
o master’s degree a plus
· Experience – ATE/Semiconductor Experience greater than 8 years
– Managerial Experience greater than 5 years
– International experience as bonus
· Specific Knowledge – Fluent in English (written and spoken)
· Personal Qualifications – Management skills, project management,
creative, communicative, flexible, organized, perform under stress, emotional intelligence, entrepreneurial thinking and acting, remote management skills.
The successful candidate for the position establishes operational objectives for direct reports and delegates the resulting assignments to subordinate managers and direct reports. Senior management within the ATE organization reviews/approves objectives with a focus on determining the success of the operation. Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operations(s) and may also have company- wide effect.
· Applications Engineer Management – Directs the activities of local Applications Engineers in their organization. This organization may consist of a combination of direct reports and subordinate managers. Direct interaction with customers is also a major component of the position – managing customer projects that are fully owned by Cohu or a joint effort between Cohu and customer resources.
· Job Complexity – Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives. Implements strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, evaluation criteria and root-cause analysis to obtain results. Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
· Discretion – Erroneous decisions will result in critical delay(s) in schedules and/or unit operations and may jeopardize overall business activities.
· Interaction – Regularly interacts with senior management on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers. Requires the ability to influence the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship.
Supervision – Supervision in this position could encompass one of both of the following:
· Managing direct staff without subordinate managers.
· Managing activities of two or more sections or departments through
subordinate managers who exercise full supervision in terms of costs, methods, and staffing. The Senior Manager would is responsible for overseeing the activities of the subordinate managers and providing guidance with respect to their management activities (cost, methods, staff etc.).
· Manage, supervise and grow a team of Applications Engineers to focus on strategic activities and target customers as defined by annual objectives.
· Provide leadership, guidance, coaching, and career planning to maintain team morale and effectiveness.
· Manage the team to meet deadlines, goals, targets and objectives. Report status regularly to management and stake holders.
Salary depending on qualifications and experience is 100K up to 150K