JOB DESCRIPTION FOR A BOOKKEEPER
Salary Expectations 40k-45k
Our client has established their success in the field through supportive, communication-focused financial solutions for them far and wide. When they first kicked off, they started with the mutual
vision to ensure we deliver a modernized, fresh approach to the accounting industry. From taxation to advisory services and financial support – they help small businesses to optimize their customer’s accounting processes.
Bookkeeper responsibilities include reconciling intrabank transfers, preparing monthly/quarterly BASs. Preparing monthly activity statements for PAYGW, preparing client queries and other
miscellaneous bookkeeping tasks.
As a Bookkeeper:
• At least 2 years’ experience with Xero working on Australian clients, preferably an Accounting Firm but not required.
• A strong understanding of GST, PAYGW and employer superannuation obligations
• Xero payroll experience
• Intermediate Excel skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Xero certified (preferred but not essential)
• A good attitude towards learning and development
• Must be a skilled multi-tasker, reliable and committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
• People oriented and with good interpersonal skills
• Must be able to work unsupervised and have an ambition to become a team leader.
• The role will be in Day Shift
Your Responsibilities as a Bookkeeper:
• Bank reconciliations
• Reconciling intra bank transfers
• Preparing monthly/quarterly BASs
• Preparing monthly activity statements for PAYGW
• Preparing client queries
• Processing payroll and auto super
• Setting up Xero for new client ledgers including the live bank feeds and importing CSV files
• Updating fixed asset registers
• Reviewing ledgers maintained by external bookkeepers and making adjustments (as required)
• Preparing HP schedules and taking up motor vehicles as fixed assets
• Posting journal entries
• Other miscellaneous bookkeeping tasks
If this sounds like you, then what are you waiting for? Come join us!